Customized solutions in Power Electronics
We offer our clients advice and continuous monitoring in the following aspects:
- Current control, Voltage control and Power Control (P,Q) adaptable to different electronic platforms (FPGA, DSPs, etc.) for power converters in photovoltaic systems, windmills, storage systems, etc.
- Selection and calculation of relevant electronic components: inductances, capacitor banks, power filters, etc.
- Assistance in the implementation step-by-step of power systems, proposing methods of safe verification to reach a final solution.
- Documentary and regulatory management related to new electronic systems.
- Studies of the electrical safety of power converters.
- Review of safety criteria to locate potential problems.
- Detection of short circuits with high potential for fire hazard.
- Technical proposals for detection of electrical faults.
Technical consultancy on photovoltaic plants
We offer technical advice from the beginning of a project to its start-up:
- Preliminary analysis of technical-economic feasibility of photovoltaic systems with storage for integration of energy in networks taking into account regulations regarding:
- Production of limited power and programmed daily projects (EDF CRE and CRE2).
- Photovoltaic production with limitation of power variations (ramp limitation).
- Simulation models of the components of a PV plant in addition to complete systems for studies of grid integration (using PSSE, PSCAD, MATLAB, etc.).
- Calculations for the dimensioning of components: power of the photovoltaic field, power of inverters, power and capacity of the storage system, transformers, wiring, etc.
- Development of control and power management techniques for plant control systems programmed in PLC or similar.
- Techniques of adjustment of the plant controls for a correct operation taking into account the requirements of the international network regulations.
- Active participation in the follow-up of the operating results: PR, MPPT losses, losses due to inverter limitation, losses in the medium voltage network, transformers, etc. Propose improvements in the control or management of the plant.
- Analysis of the problems of reduction of useful life due to overheating in transformers and wiring according to IEC regulations.
Technical consulting on wind farms
Our main lines of advice in wind systems are as follows:
- Development of techniques and analysis tools for the study of the technical and economic viability of wind power plants in new sites.
- Development of optimized dimensioning tools for wind-farm wiring and transformation.
- Simulation models using PSSE, PSCAD, MATLAB, etc., for individual components of the plant, as well as complete systems for studies of network integration.
- Development of control and power management techniques for plant control programmed in PLC or similar environments.
- Techniques for adjusting the plant controls for correct operation taking into account the requirements of international network regulations.
- Active participation in the monitoring of operating results to detect possible limitations and corresponding production losses, proposing improvements in the control or management of the plant.
- Analysis and solution of complex problems in weak networks: instability of the sub frequency resonance (SSR), harmonic resonances, overvoltages, adjustment of voltage and reactive power controls, etc.